Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (+ Movie Review)

(5/5) Stars!

I'll be reviewing the book and the movie!

For the book's summary, go here!




“I love you, always. Time is nothing.” 

Okay, I loved this book so much that I opened Goodreads and mentally fought with everyone giving it less than 4 stars.

I seriously have no idea why, but whenever I find a book that makes me feel like I got something more out of it than heart-warming romance, it has low rating on Goodreads. It makes me worried about believing people's reviews....

“Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, 

even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?” 


I have to admit that at first the book is a tad slow and all the jumping is REALLY confusing. I had a hard time concentrating on the dates because as soon as I got to the point of another date, I forgot the date before it, so I ended up going back and checking. BUT you get the hang of it and you forget that it was ever a problem to begin with.


Characters:

Henry:
I liked Henry  from the beginning. He seemed like one of those characters who are not made out to be unrealistically perfect; he's made to be real.

Clare:
I liked Clare, but I had some problems with her. But I still liked her in the end.

“I won't ever leave you, even though you're always leaving me.” 


The book takes you on a feelings journey. You don't know if you should be sad for Clare for always waiting for Henry, or for Henry who is thrown into places "like a potato" (quoting Henry) 

  “I sometimes end up in dangerous situations, and I come back to 

you broken and messed up, and you worry about me when  

I'm gone. It's like marrying a policeman.” 

Finally, it was great to read something other than the cliché that is most novels lately. 

Full of great quotes, heart-warming romance, and bringing tears to your eyes, The Time Traveler's Wife is definitely something I would recommend to everyone.




_____________________________________________________



(2.5/5) stars



Why do they always do that?




Let me start by pin-pointing that this movie was #8 on the worst book-to-movie list!

And I'm afraid I'd have to agree as it has a lot of things that you wouldn't understand unless you've read the book.

First things first, as 90% of book to movie adaptations go, the book is of course better...

I'm gonna ignore all the small changes that they made and talk about the big ones.

Firstly, I felt that the romance between them was so much better in the book which really annoyed me.

And let me tell you on a side note how disappointed I was with Gomez......I was totally shocked! Throughout the book, I never expected Gomez to look like that. The first scene he was in, I just kept shaking my head.

All in all, people who plan on never reading the book will probably like the movie, but if you're planning on reading it, then you have to read the book first.

Don't judge a book by its movie!


have you read or watched the time traveler's wife ? let us know your opinion in the comments below !










Where you can find it in Egypt?
(sometimes the book will be out of stock by the time you read the post so please check with them beforehand)

1-the BOOK SPOT
  -In Cairo, but Ships all over Egypt 
  -Website : www.bookspotonline.com

2-Diwan Bookstore
  -Branches in: Cairo , Alexandria , North coast and Hurghada 
  -Website: www.diwanegypt.com

3-Alef Bookstores
  -Branches in : Cairo , Alexandria , North coast , Sharm El Sheikh and Assyout
  -Website: alefbookstores.com

4-Al Kotobgeya
  -Branch in Cairo
  -Facebook Page : AlKotobgeya

No comments:

Post a Comment