Friday, July 4, 2014

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie and Ellen Forney

(5/5) stars!



For the book summary click here









Okay let me start by saying I was a bit unsure of this book in the beginning but the title intrigued me.


Call me a geek but if there's something I love more then funny guys it's definitely those funny+innocent+geeky but  somehow still adorable boys like Junior and Marcelo (from Marcelo in the Real World) and I can't see how anyone can hate them.


This is what you should do to them 
(And yeah, I mentally do that while reading) 


So when I finished the book I was like "I'll go check Goodreads. I'm sure I'll find everyone loving it as much as I did".....and that was a big mistake.

"It's not that funny"

"Why did this book win the National Book Award?"

me : *poker face*

On the bright side, though, there were still a lot of good reviews.


I really enjoy humor in books and when a book is in first person with a lovable character.
The book also talked about bullying , racism and poverty without stressing to much on them, so that the book won't turn out dull, which I really loved because I love books about heavy subjects like bullying. But most of them are, well, heavy so it was a new thing to find a book dealing with it in a humorous way. It's also great to just read a simple and quick book once in a while.

Question of the day:

What do you think about book with illustrations inside ? 








Where you can find it in Egypt?
(sometimes the book will be out of stock by the time you read the post so please check with them beforehand)

-the BOOK SPOT
  -In Cairo, but Ships all over Egypt 

  -Website : www.bookspotonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment