Friday, August 22, 2014

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

(3.5/5) Stars


For the book's summary click here












Okay I'm a sucker for new plots and any book that surprises me with a fresh plot instantly gains points in my rating radar. I also would go easy on old ideas with great twists inside. However, If I stay didn't have twists and the plot itself is not new.

If I stay isn't by any means bad or not worth reading and I also love any story involving a ghost/dead person telling his story but having an old plot with no surprising twist is what stood out to me.

A lot of people said that they found the flashbacks boring but I actually didn't. It made us connect more to the characters and it didn't bore me at all.

I also like how Adam and Mia's relationship is realistic and although Adam is considered cool in school (and he totally is) he's sweet (old school sweet, the type who would give you roses and dance with no music kind of sweet.)

I love the idea of Mia playing the cello instead of the normal guitar playing protagonists and I really liked her overall.

Side characters!

Teddy (Mia's brother) : Why are you so cute?

Mia's parents: Best kind of badass parents.

Willow: Although she played a small part, I actually really like her now and loved her you-will-do-what-I-tell-you-to attitude when she wanted something for someone she knows.

So overall, If I Stay is worth a read and you won't regret reading it but don't expect any twists except if you haven't seen Just Like Heaven.

QOTD: What gives a book instant bonus points in your opinion ?







Where can you find it in Egypt?
(sometimes the book will be out of stock by the time you read the post so please check with them beforehand)

1-Diwan Bookstore
  -Branches in: Cairo , Alexandria , North coast and Hurghada 
  -Websitewww.diwanegypt.com

2-The BOOK SPOT
  -In Cairo, but Ships all over Egypt 
  -Website : www.bookspotonline.com

3-Cherry Blossom Books
  -Ships all over Egypt
  -Website: cherryblossom-books.com




No comments:

Post a Comment